Spirit of Jasper Train Excursions
JASPER TRAIN DEPOT
The Jasper Train Depot is located at 201 Mill Street in Jasper. This was the first project of ROJAC, Redevelop Old Jasper Action Coalition, a not for profit community organization developed to build economic development through tourism. The preservation and celebration of Jasper's history is their main goal.
The Depot has beautiful hardwood floors and is adorned with period items. It was built by Jasper Lumber and is approximately 85% of the original Depot's size. It is a replication of the original Depot at Newton & 2nd Street which was built in 1908 and torn down in the late 60's.
The Ticket Room in the Depot was replicated from an actual photograph, circa 1900. Several local residents contributed items to assist in the authentication of this room.
#200 Club Car, #300 Lounge Car and #400 Parlour Car are available to lease for meetings and parties.
To schedule a Private Meeting or Private Party contact Janessa Wagner, Jasper Park Dept., 812-482-5959.
To schedule a Public Event, permission must be obtained from the Jasper Board of Public Works. Contact Lisa Bower at Jasper City Hall, 812-482-4255, for more information.
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR AMENITIES
- Car #200, the Club Car, seats 42 passengers
- Car #300, the Lounge Car, seats 48 passengers
- Car #400, the Parlour Car, seats 36 passengers
- Cars 300 and 400 have an area for food service and a bar
- Alcohol can be served only by an approved licensed liquor caterer
- Cars are tobacco free
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR FEES
- $100 per stationary car up to 2 hours
- $100 per stationary car for each additional 2 hours or portions thereof
- Fees are subject to sales tax
- The fee must be paid and the Lease Agreement signed prior to use of the facility
- Contact Janessa Wagner, Jasper Park Dept., 812-482-5959
- A 700 sq. ft. room for meetings or parties
- Seating capacity - 40
- Tables, chairs and podium available
- No kitchen facilities
- Facility is tobacco and alcohol free