TRAIN & DEPOT
SPIRIT OF JASPER TRAIN EXCURSIONSVisit the Spirit of Jasper website http://www.spiritofjasper.com
The Jasper Train Depot is located at 201 Mill Street in Jasper.
This was the first project of ROJAC, a not for profit community organization developed to build economic development through tourism. The preservation and celebration of Jasper's history is their main goal.
The Depot has beautiful hardwood floors and is adorned with period items. It was built by Jasper Lumber and is approximately 85% of the original Depot's size. It is a replication of the original Depot at Newton & 2nd Street which was built in 1908 and torn down in the late 60's.
The Ticket Room in the Depot was replicated from an actual photograph, circa 1900. Several local residents contributed items to assist in the authentication of this room.
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR SCHEDULING
To schedule a Private Meeting or Private Party contact Lois Kuntz, Jasper City Hall, 812-482-4255.
To schedule a Public Event permission must be obtained from the Jasper Board of Public Works. Contact Lois Kuntz, Jasper City Hall, 812-482-4255, for more information.
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR LOCATIONJasper Depot
201 Mill Street
Jasper, IN 47546
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR AMENITIES
- Car #200, the Club Car, seats 42 passengers
Car #300, the Lounge Car, seats 48 passengers
Car #400, the Parlour Car, seats 36 passengers
- Cars 300 and 400 have an area for food service and a bar
- Alcohol can be served only by an approved licensed liquor caterer
- Cars are tobacco free
STATIONARY TRAIN CAR FEES
- $100 per stationary car up to 2 hours
- $100 per stationary car for each additional 2 hours or portions thereof
- Fees are subject to sales tax
- The fee must be paid and the Lease Agreement signed prior to use of the facility
- Contact Lois Kuntz, Jasper City Hall, 812-482-4255
- A 700 sq. ft. room for meetings or parties
- Seating capacity - 40
- Tables, chairs and podium availale
- No kitchen facilities
- Facility is tobacco and alcohol free