Contact Us

Jasper City Hall (more)
610 Main St
P. O. Box 29
Jasper, IN 47547
Get Directions
  • Phone: 
  • Fax: 
  • Staff Directory


Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-17 of 17
How much are utility deposits?
That depends on different variables. Refer to Ordinance Code Book Section 11.01.040 through 11.01.045 or the Customer Application & Deposit Policy (PDF).
How do I start or stop utility service, pay my utility bill, or find out about other utility rules, regulations, conditions, or non-recurring charges?
Where can I get help to pay my utility bill?
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides funds to State and local Governments to help low-income households pay utility bills. See the website. You can also contact local churches, social service organizations in your area, or your township trustee. They may have emergency financial assistance programs that could help you.
Where do I call if I have a question on my Jasper Municipal Utilities bill?
Call the Jasper Municipal Utilities Business Office customer service representatives at (812) 482-9131.
Where do I call if I have a utility emergency?
Please call (812) 482-9131, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During business hours, a customer service representative will assist you. After hours, this number will connect you to the appropriate department, depending on your specific emergency.
What are our hours of operation?
The Utility Business Office is open from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. We are closed weekends and holidays but a Night Deposit Box is located next to our drive-up window for your convenience.
Where can I find the City of Jasper Comprehensive Plan?
The City of Jasper Comprehensive Plan can be found on the Community Planning and Development page under the City Government tab on our website.
Where can I find a building permit?
The City of Jasper offers online forms to fill out, print and bring into City Hall. All other permits, including a location improvement permit (building permit), can be obtained at City Hall in hard copy format.
How much do location improvement permits (building permits), sign permits, fence permits, or pool permits cost?
The Department of Community Development and Planning issues a variety of permits relating to construction projects . Visit the Building and Construction page to see a list of applicable permit fees.
What is my property zoned?
See the Zoning Map to locate where your property is zoned.
Where can I buy City of Jasper trash tags?
City of Jasper trash tags may be purchased at Jasper City Hall, Jasper Holiday Foods, Jasper Hometown IGA, Circle-A Food Mart, Jasper Marathon, Northside CITGO, Sunset CITGO Station, and Jasper Wal-Mart.
How do I go about renting a shelter house, the Train Depot or the Riverwalk gazebo?
To rent a shelter house, the Train Depot or the Riverwalk gazebo, call Janessa Wolf at the Park & Recreation Department at (812) 482-5959.
Where do I call to report a street light outage?
To report a street light outage, please call Jasper Electric Distribution at (812) 482-1033.
Where can I get City of Jasper recycling bins and lids?
To inquire about the City of Jasper trash & recycling service, please inquire with the Street Department at (812) 482-1130 or Jasper City Hall at (812) 482-4255. Recycling bins and lids are available at Jasper City Hall for households receiving City of Jasper trash pick up. Please inquire regarding availability and pricing of bins & lids.
Does the City of Jasper offer complimentary or free Wi-Fi?
The City of Jasper offers complimentary or free Wi-Fi in limited areas. Reception can generally be reached near the Jasper City Mill, the Dave Buehler Plaza area and and the Lions Club Riverview Park.
How long is the Jasper Riverwalk?
The Jasper Riverwalk stretches 2.1 miles through town, running from Ruxer Golf Course to 15th Street.
When do I need a building permit?
The City of Jasper requires building permits for Industrial Construction, Commercial Construction, Apartment Construction, Residential Construction-Single or Two-Family & Residential Construction-Accessory Building or Building Additions. Permits are also required for fences, pools, and signs. For more information on permits please visit the City of Jasper website .
Results 1-17 of 17